Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cheap Cherry Pitter

There were a few cherries in the fridge that needed using, and I wanted to add them to a fruit salad. Pitting the cherries was the only challenge. I got rid of the cherry-pitter in a "drawer reduction effort" years ago, and frankly, have not really missed it until now!  Then I remembered that I saw this once, somewhere. I believe it was one of those "household tips" emails and I remember thinking it was a good idea and I'd try it someday. So I did. It works great! Check out the video action above, or the step-by-step below!
A large drinking straw (from a smoothie shop) is the perfect size! 

Jam it in the top (stem and all, if you like).

A slight twist and the pit pops out! Just squeeze it out of the straw before doing the next one, or let them pile up and empty when it is full. 

Yummy, and ready to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment